of the domain
The Château Cleyrac was built in 1819 by M. Pascaud who was a pharmacist and had his pharmacy in the tower of the Château
The first vines
As of 1860, the first vines were planted along with the construction of a long path joining the castel to the little town of Villegouge. This was done for the wedding of the daughter of M. Pascaud.
The rise of Cleyrac
In the 30's, the Château was bought by M. Loyer who stoped his activity as an insurer to become a winemaker. In the 50's the Château was again sold to M. and Ms Lagarde who still live in the Château and are more than 90 years old now.
The Coudert family
For more than 15 years, the Coudert family has been running the Château Cleyrac. A huge restructuration of the vineyard and a strong development of the commercialisation has been done. Since 2016, Lydia Coudert, 5th generation of winemaker, has taken over the management of the vineyard and export sales.